What is it?
Completing the trio of servers is mvpvdr. It's a complete rethink on
the MVPServer approach in terms of portability whilst building on
several of the key ideas that it brought out.
- File playback (with transoding using vlc)
- Image viewing/gallery
- VDR channels/recordings/epg
- On screen "search-and-scan" display during live TV
- Per dongle configuration
- Parental control of directories (PIN entry)
- Shoutcast, RSP (firefly), iPlayer support
- Python scripting
- telnet control interface
- HTTP interface for media and HTTP based players
- i18n system
- Device profiles
Are available on the mvpvdr screenshots page.
0.4.0 has been released, source and win32 installer is available from
Latest code is available in the mvpvdr module in CVS - this is
recommended since libmvp 0.4.0 has a bug in url_http.c.
mvpvdr depends on some external projects: libevent (newer is better)
ImageMagick, SDL (optional), libid3tag (or taglib), libxml2 and vlc for
transcoding. cairographics is needed for freetype support.
- Better VDR integration - timer support etc
- Sort out rewind/forward stop it blocking
13/7/2008 Contact: dom /at/
/dot/ org /dot/ uk